Faculty Positions (1~2) Available in the Graduate Institute of Library & Information Studies, National Taiwan Normal University
(1) Ph.D. in Library Science, Information Science, or a closely related field.
(2) Applicants with research expertise and teaching interests in the following areas are preferred: – Knowledge Organization, Information Organization, Library Management, Library and Education, Information Behavior, Academic Communication, Digital Marketing, Digital Humanities, etc..
2.Required Application Documents:
(1) A copy of Ph.D. diploma
(2) Curriculum vitae
(3) Publication list
(4) Applicants currently at the rank of Assistant Professor or higher, are required to submit a list of the research grant projects conducted with the role of principal investigator.
(5) Except those who just receive a doctoral degree, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
2 papers published in SCI, SSCI, TSSCI, EI, A&HCI, THCI Core-indexed journals within the latest 3 years. The applicant must be the first or corresponding author in both publications.
2 research projects granted by the Ministry of Science and Technology (or similar competitive funding sources for those not in Taiwan). The applicant must be the principal investigator of both research projects.
(6) Teaching plans or course syllabi
(7) Two recommendation letters after passing the preliminary review.
Note: Please include a return envelope with mailing address and sufficient postage if you would want all your application materials back.
3.Each qualified candidate is invited to deliver an academic speech (fee on your own). Online real-time distant speech is acceptable only if it is inevitable.
4.The faculty position will be firstly approved by the university according to our faculty assessment procedure. After approving, the anticipated appointment is expected to start on August 1, 2021. Official rank and position commensurate with qualifications and experience.
5.Application deadline: March 1, 2021.
Dr. Yuen-Hsien Tseng, Deputy Chairperson
Graduate Institute of Library & Information Studies
National Taiwan Normal University
No.162, Sec. 1, Heping E. Rd., Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C.
Tel: +886-2-77495427 Fax: +886-2-23620951